It’s the start of a new season, and you’re wondering when to get your AC repaired. Fall or Spring? Tough choice, but we’re here to help! Read this article to know more.
Reasons to Hire HVAC Services in the Off-Season
- It’s less expensive
HVAC professionals charge by the hour. So, it makes sense that if you need your AC unit serviced, and you can fit service into their schedule in the off-season when they’re not actively working on other projects? It will be less expensive than having them come out during peak season.
How Much Does a Home AC Recharge or Refill Cost: For most air repairs in Palatine, an AC recharge alone should come to around $150. By itself, this is pretty affordable. The actual difference in price can vary depending on the time of year and company, but it’s something that you should definitely keep in mind when going back and forth about whether to schedule off-season service.
- It will be done right away
Another big plus of scheduling your HVAC services during the slow season is getting them completed faster. Again, this is because the technicians won’t be prioritizing other projects over yours.
Not only do HVAC pros tend to take their time with each call during the slow season, but they also aren’t as rushed and stressed out when doing service. This means not only will they be able to complete your job better and faster, but they’ll also be more relaxed and willing to help you if you have any questions.
- HVAC professionals won’t be too busy to answer your questions
Another great thing about scheduling service during the off-season is you’ll have more one-on-one time with your technician. When it’s a slow season for an HVAC company, they’re not as busy, so they generally take more time with each call they get. This means they’re more than happy to talk with you about any questions or concerns you might have about your Air conditioner unit and its functionality.
This is an excellent perk for customers because it will help them better understand how their system works, which in turn helps the technician diagnose and solve problems quickly.
- Schedule a tune-up now, and save money on your utility bills later
You’ll indeed be saving some money by investing in service during the slow season, but you’ll also be giving yourself peace of mind in that you’re making sure your AC unit is running at optimal levels. This means it will perform better and more efficiently once the warm weather hits – leading to lower utility bills.
- You can get your AC serviced during a convenient time for you
You may be more likely to get your HVAC unit serviced during the off-season if you can schedule it around a time that’s convenient for you. That way, there won’t be any major interruptions in your day, and it won’t be as inconvenient overall.
Prevention Methods to Make AC Recharging in Spring Easier
- Have your furnace inspected annually – if any problems are found, they can be fixed before they turn into major repairs or replacements. Maintenance is important.
- Check and change window seals during the offseason – this will help keep air from escaping outside your home (and wasting energy)
- Keep the grass and bushes around your home trimmed – this will also keep air from leaking outside of the house
- Keep your air filter clean – which will also help keep energy costs down
- Replace HVAC filters regularly – this will keep air flowing smoothly and will make your AC unit run more efficiently.
The best time to schedule an AC repair is in the fall or spring. This will ensure that your system operates at peak efficiency, saves you money on energy costs, and helps protect our environment by keeping emissions low.