Do you want to know how long vaatwasserslast? Well, the answer is complicated. But you don’t have to worry because we are here to help you. In this post, we will help you to know the factors that determine their lifespan. We will also highlight the lifespan of different brands of dishwashers. Almost everyone wants to know the lifespan of a dishwasher before they purchase it. On average, they last around 3 to 10 years. But if use buys a good dishwasher and uses it efficiently, it can last up to 20 years.
Factors determining the lifespan of a dishwasher:
Here are some factors that determine the lifespan of equipment. Make sure you consider these factors before you buy a dishwasher.
The first factor is user intensity. It means the number of times you use the dishwasher. If your dishwasher’s life span is five years and you use it twice daily, it will only last 2 to 3 years. If you use your dishwasher many times a day, it will not last long.
The lifespan depends upon their build quality. It means the materials and parts used to build a dishwasher. If your dishwasher falls in the top class category, they will last longer. If your dishwasher falls into the middle class or basic class, it won’t have a longer lifespan.
You have to clean and maintain your dishwasher to improve the lifespan. They need proper, timely maintenance to function properly. Here are some techniques to maintain your dishwasher and improve the lifespan.
- Clean the filter: You have to clean the filter regularly to improve the water drainage.
- Clogged spray: You need to remove the spray arms and clean them. It gets clogged because of grease. You have to clean it to maintain the water circulation.
- Clean the rubber: You have to clean the rubber on the door to avoid water leakage. Make sure the rubber is not loose.
- Drainage hose and supply hose: Clean the drainage and supply hose to remove excess grease that gets settled inside the hose.
Brand: The lifespan also depends upon various brands. As you know, they are available in many brands. Each brand is different from others. While some brands provide a longer lifespan, some brands provide poor lifespan. Here are some dishwasher brands and their lifespan.
The lifespan of various brands of dishwashers:
- Miele brand dishwashers offer5000 washes and 14 years lifespan.
- Asko brand dishwashers facilitate bout 4500 washes and 13 years lifespan.
- Bosch/Siemens brand dishwashers provide 3500 washes and ten years lifespan.
- AEG brand dishwashers provide 2500 washes and seven years lifespan.
- Zanussi brand dishwashers offer 2200 washes and six years lifespan.
- Samsung brand dishwashers provide 2200 washes and six years lifespan.
- LG brand dishwashers provide 2000 washes and five years lifespan.
- Whirlpool brand dishwashers offer 2000 washes and five years lifespan.
- Candy brand dishwashers help with 1500 washes and four years lifespan.
These are all the factors on which the lifespan of dishwashers depend. Make sure you consider all these factors in buying a dishwasher with a longer lifespan. You also need to maintain your dishwasher to improve the lifespan.