A garage door opener is a mechanized tool used to operate and manage the weight of the door. The performance of the opener largely depends on its brand, quality, functionality, and features. So here we have covered some important factors that you should definitely consider while choosing a garage door opener:
- Evaluate the option of garage opener: The garage door openers are available in three different mechanisms:
- Chain drive: These are the most common and least expensive openers. They use a metal chain (just like your bicycle chain) to raise and lower your garage doors. It is an ideal choice for the heavy garage doors such as one-piece, wind-rated, and highly insulated doors.
- Screw drive: Screw drives use a long metal rod threaded like a screw to operate the door. This opener operates quietly and is less expensive than chain drives. However, it requires regular maintenance and this may increase its overall cost.
- Belt drive: These openers use a flexible rubber belt mechanism to lift and lower the garage door. It also offers smooth door operation, reduced noise, and requires no maintenance.
- Horse Pwer: Depending on the weight and size of the garage door, choose the right opener with required horsepower. The openers typically use electric motors that range from 1/2 to over 1 horsepower.
- Security features: Whenever you choose a garage door opener for your home, make sure you consider the following four safety features:
- A safety mechanism that stops or reverses a closing door when it senses any obstacle in the track.
- Battery backup that enables you to operate the garage door during a power outage.
- Keyless entry keypad that gives you access to the garage without using the remote or phone application.
- Ensure the opener has a remote control technology, with a ‘rolling code’ feature.
- Other considerations: Apart from the above important elements, there are a few more things you need to consider:
- Evaluate the warranty option of garage door opener that covers labor, material costs, and replacement.
- Decide whether you want to install the opener yourself or hire a professional technician.
- Check the different types of openers on the market before finalizing the deal.
If you’re searching for the best opener for your garage, then the Premium Garage doors offers a wide range of openers that deliver superior performance at the best price.